Thursday, June 7, 2012

Taman Sutera budget fitting out

Having the house keys is just the beginning. I should always remember this because the cost of fitting it out would be huge. We only had some money to spare for the house and since we are now staying in JB, we are in the opinion that major renovation works should be carried out later. We manage to sneak (from the outside) our neighbors house the other day and I must say that the owner has some distinctive taste of the interior. Plaster ceiling, cabinets are all stacked up for installation and I just wonder how much the owner had spent for the renovation. I wish to be able to meet my neighbor soon. As I mentioned, little money means simple fitting out for the house. We plan to use the house as our own 'hotel' whenever we are in KL and that, i suppose, able to save us on hotel expenses. We did not plan much, just some ordinary lighting in most areas of the house and most importantly, the grille. We contacted this one guy and he quoted some 3k for the grille. After much negotiation etc., we managed to get him to agree to 3700 for grille and lighting installation. We bought the ordinary long pendaflour ourself and managed to get RM 16.50 for each. We bought 16 in total plus 2 Panasonic ceiling fans at RM 120 each.

Then I realized that although the fittings should be temporary, but we do like some aesthetic lightings at some areas of the house. So I made some comparisons for some lighting outlets which sell the same product and resorted to some cheap IKEA lightings. Since we are in JB, we made some comparisons between IKEA KL and SG. So surprise to see that some products were sold much cheaper in SG compared in KL. We compared these items to be exact: Tross (ceiling lamp), KL RM 59, SG 19.90 (+- RM49.15); Illumen (bathroom category) KL 49, SG 16.90 (RM 41.74) and Santir (Wall) SG 9.90, KL 29 (RM 24.45). Don't know if those items are on sale but we do save RM 30 for all the purchased. I went to SG myself, considering the practicality of buy and return home soonest as I could. I think after calculating the toll etc., it still saving, well not that much actually but its the penny saved that matters most hehe. We'll be going to KL this weekend to meet the contractor and hopefully, we will be able to stay in our own house whenever we were in KL.

No comments:

Post a Comment