Monday, June 17, 2013

The cost of a pair of jean

The first reason why we went to Singapore yesterday was actually to compare the price of a pair of Levi's jean. I purchased all my jeans from Indonesia, and I still found a good bargain whenever I shop for a pair of jean in Indonesia. Well, of course, the cost of the flight ticket won't help me to justify this, but a pair of Levi's jean sold in Indonesia is way to much cheaper compared to those sell in Singapore or even Malaysia. But to my surprise, they all have different country of origin. Those I bought in Indonesia were simply made in Mexico but I found some which were made in Vietnam and even China. I guess I would prefer those sold in Indonesia because with so much distance to travel, it still cheap compared to those made in China or even Vietnam! (lol - don't know if this fact really hold..)

From my analysis of a very similar pair of jean sold in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore, Singapore came in the very least of the ranking. A pair of Levi's 505 cost SGD 80 in Indonesia, SGD 112 in Malaysia and SGD 149 in Singapore. I do not know other country, but it seems to me that Indonesia is a good place to shop for a pair of jean. 


Go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment