Friday, March 25, 2011

The pinch of the glitch

When we start planning to own our very own place, little we knew of what will happen to us in the following year. I still remember April 2010 when we first visit a developer's showroom and start to dream of having our own. The process took us smooth when we were requested to pay a deposit of RM 2000.00 for the unit we were interested in. Starting from that point, we knew that situation will be difficult for us but we were very much optimistic that eventually we are going to make it through no matter what.

At time, I still remember when we were asked to pay the 10% down payment for the unit. We knew, we would never afford to have RM 32,000.00 from our own saving and if even we have it, I think, we would never use it to pay the down payment. That was last year before the government announce the 1st home ownership programme which waive the requirement for the 10% down payment. What we did were something known to the property market and of course I won't disclose it here of how we deal with the issue of the down payment.

Starting from April last year, things still work pretty good for us. We still able to enjoy our holiday (once in a while), eat in a fancy places and think less on the hassle of having to ration our spending. The first glitch was a few months after that when the panel lawyer request us to pay upfront for some authority payment. At first, I refuse to pay since they will get the payment anyway from the bank. According to them, the amount was so big and they need the upfront to be paid by the purchaser. I forthwith follow even after some grueling and deep thinking of where to fork out close to RM 2000.00. Luckily, the bank release a payment to the lawyer and we get our money back without much hassle. Case close.

Sometime in August 2010, after much of the paperwork have been settled, I was summoned to the bank to sign some papers. The papers includes an agreement that mentioned that I agree that my salary to be deducted for the house installment. I don't see any problem with that as I think it will help me to pay the installment without having to visit the bank on monthly basis. I offered myself to cross check with the HR on the status of my application but was told by the bank that they will do the cross check and follow up on the progress. I agree and I let the bank do what they offered. I was wrong..

Sometime in November 2010, I received a call, telling me that I have failed to pay the house installment for 3 consecutive months. We were stunned. At that time, I was so angry with that lady who has offered to follow up with the HR and I was so suprised why we were only told after 3 months has passed. In the months following singing the papers, we were so anxious as my salary has yet to be deducted for 3 months after the first disbursement was made. We just concluded that perhaps the process took a while to complete and sooner or later, my salary will eventually be deducted. Thinking critical on our source of income, we mandate that the budget that suppose to pay for the house installment, at time when deduction has yet to be made, to be saved in one of our dedicated account and we planned to use it as a back up should budget prove to be constrained in year ahead.

Since we were told that our installment has lapsed for 3 months, I forthwith used up all saving from our dedicated account to pay for the arrears. We were left without saving and that prove to be difficult to me. It was difficult and it still difficult to date. I still remember my visit to the bank a day after I was told about the arrears, I can't stop myself from being rude as I believe the situation was just seem unfair. I am a difficult situation and this is something that beyond imagination. The lady showed me every evidence that she has pertaining her application for my salary deduction to my company's HR. I know she has done her part but I believed she has forgot that once she promised to cross check with my HR on the application. I know that I can't do nothing with the HR since we are in the same boat. I did called the HR one day just to be told that the document has been received by someone that they not even recognized. The document just gone missing and nobody care anything about it.

The sad part or the part that I am so mad about the glitch is the record that will be kept by the central bank. Perhaps i need to apply for some loan in the future and this record maybe will affect my future application. I demanded the bank to issue me a letter stating that this is their fault and I won't be held liable in any way. I never received the letter until to day...

I know 2011 will be difficult. I remember comforting my wife as we talk about our hardship that we are facing. I believe we should remain positive and know what, those who sees hardship in their way are those who have better chance to succeed. Why? because they simply have calculated the risk and weighted every options that they have. In short, they are more prepared, likely more motivated and have clear plan for their limited resources that they are going to spare. On the other round, those who never sees hardship in their way, tend to be more relaxed and have little plan for their future. At the end, they normally miscalculated, spend more than they should be and often left with regret. That is how i see it. Hardship should never be used as a deterrent of progress, but it is actually an impetus for change and victory. Recently, my fear of not getting my part time pay on time came into reality. To date, the company has delay payment for almost two months and that adds to the pinch that I am having. I live terrified for not able to pay the house installment. Last week I received a printed letter mentioning that I have delayed payment for 1 month, later that evening, I was told by my wife that the bank that I made my loan with is suck. They will remind customer like **** and I have experienced that.

So far, it just March and we still remain strong. The world is just a vacuum cleaner which suck all money that we made. I just wonder why some people is needing money more than they require, and why they are keeping it for their own. If something can be sold at 10 ringgit, why there are some who sell it at 20 ringgit. Is it how business is run, or simply making profit or cheating.

Life is a never ending pinch...

No comments:

Post a Comment