Sunday, July 14, 2013

Macam pergi je

Are you?

Finally, got the confirmation from accommodation team at Reading. Relief and syukur

I was requested (in advance) to pay a reservation fee of GBP200 to guarantee an accommodation there. The time I went to CIMB, ringgit was at 4.80 something to a pound, so for GBP 200, it was close to a thousand ringgit. Instantly scan and email a copy to Reading and reply was surprisingly fast. Booked a room there and now the flight ticket.

I spent the whole Sunday, trying to figure out the most economical (no need to be fast though!) way to fly from KUL to LHR. Several airlines provide the service, but most will involve transiting in the middle east for a couple of hours before connecting to LHR. I use Skyscanner just to figure out roughly who and how long does it takes to reach LHR from KUL and the first indication suggest that ticket tend to be at it's high side. Sri Lankan still however, offer the cheapest but my gut feeling tell me to reserve this maybe for later.

Qatar, Etihad and Emirates seems competing but I think Emirates faring the best. Return journey on Emirates cost a whopping RM3756 while Etihad and Qatar cost about the same or slightly lower. Emirates operates some A380s in KUL sector but they partnered with Qantas for DXB LHR route. So I guess, I will have to transfer to Qantas at DXB en route to LHR. By the way, I found Expedia fares are a bit lower rather than booking direct at airline's website. No experience though, I heard some difficulty in case of name change whatsoever. Better not to.

Me? Business class? 10 years payback perhaps (credit to owner)
Let's be real, this is where i'm going to ride (credit to owner)
Plan to reward my wife for being very patience with me for all this while so I decided to sponsor her a trip to the UK. But sorry kids, its mom and dad only affairs and both of you are to be grounded at grandma's. We believe both of you will enjoy that as much we will enjoy ourselves there.

Do I need to tell you more?

But, I haven't purchased her the ticket yet. Hopefully there'll be some promotion later towards the end of the year.

Cheers!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment