Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pre-departure Note 2 - digging

I am digging for more information now about the accommodation suggested to me in Reading. Two (or three?) estate agents have responded but few lets on short term basis. The only exception is this one, Walmsley, suggested by the University. The only problem is - it took the agent 'years' to respond. I do not know if that is how they work or my email to them took another 'years' to arrive. I sent them another email this morning, hopefully something positive would land in my inbox this afternoon.

Flight to LHR

Next to this, is flight ticket. Shortlisted 3, Emirates, Etihad and Qatar but found Cathay to be RM200 cheaper than Etihad. Qatar is ok and worth the consideration. Anyway I really do not want to spend 3 hours to HK, waiting in transit for 3 to 4 hours, before flying again 13 hours non stop to LHR. That should well 20 hours total journey time and I should be able to reach the ISS if I were to board NASA's Discovery.

Why not MAS? 

MAS goes for an average 4000 MYR return with good and exceptional service. By far, MAS rank (in term of ticket cost..) first, followed by those from the middle east. SIA? I haven't check on them, but quite unlikely they will offer good bargain. KLM? Heard folks saying having to check in luggage for the second time in AMS. What else? Sri Lankan, could get less than 3000 MYR but of course transiting in Colombo. Perhaps staying loyal to MAS would do, I don't know - God please help me!

[anybody has any experience with Reading please help me]

No comments:

Post a Comment