Monday, July 1, 2013

Pre-departure Note 1

Pre-departure note 1: Reading's stuff etc

It was a very tiring week last week. First, I was caught with flu, fever and all you can name it. Went to meet a doctor and was prescribed with paracetamol, flu pills, vitamin C, cough syrup and antibiotics. The combination of flu pills/medication and cough syrup were so drowsing and I was down in bed for 3 days. Hate it every time I consume the flu and cough medication as it triggered that drowsiness. Can't practically do anything other than to doze off.

Second, I was advised by my Reading's supervisor to look for a decent accommodation there. He advised for accommodation within the university which should save me pounds from travelling etc. I did email an officer from the university and although the reply was warm and receptive, the problem really was, they didn't offer short term stay within the university. The officer advised me to try to contact one letting agent and hope that the agency would able to offer any unit from the list available to them. It was a tiring moment just to get the emails replied. Since their day in UK only started at around 2pm here in Malaysia, I have to spent countless nights waiting for their responds which mostly coming in to my inbox at around 11pm. I understand that they might be busy, and as thousands will come there this coming September, things becoming even more challenging. 

I manage to get this nice lady to respond to my email and even though it sometimes took her 1 to 2 days to reply, I eventually was offered this unit further up in Redlands. I was so joyous to learn this but since no confirmation has been received so far, I decided to wait before I chart my action further. I can't wait to update on this and hopefully things will be much easier with the rest.    

2 comments: