Thursday, October 24, 2013

Reading: Thank you

No photos.

It sounds rather odds, but just wait a second, try think and remember how many times that you've said 'thank you...' and being apologetic by saying 'sorry..' today? or perhaps more astonishing to hear people say 'thank you...' and ask for your forgiveness simply for unintentional mistakes. 

I bet none.

While immersing myself with the surrounding and enjoying myself listening to the thick British accent around me, it was surprising to hear 'thank you..' being considered as an everyday phrases. I was in a bus queuing behind an old lady on my second day here and I heard every passengers who disembarked were thanking the bus driver for the service. Well that really start my system to crunch on the happening.

Today, I was in a mall, trying hard navigating the alleyway just to locate a loo and after I finished the business I nearly bumped into this white chap who seems desperate to carry on with his business. The bumped was really nothing but to my surprised, he simply said 'Sorry mate!' and look back to see whether I was alright. That was simply superior. 

I tried not to compare the society we have back home, but it keeps my head rolling. Why can't we practiced such a noble behavior back home?

-I'm waking up myself for this- I should say thank you more often.

I try to recall any occurrence where people saying 'thank you..' and 'sorry..' in a bus back home, and as long as my mind had served me, I think none. I remember frequenting a family mall close to home and more often than not greetings are from cashier who seemed to had woke up from the wrong side of the bed. Simply unimaginable. 

Is it a culture? Were they been taught that way? Is it because our hot weather making people grumpier than here?

The time I am writing this, my cramped mind keep playing an image of two ladies who worked at the fresh section in the family mall back home. Lady 1 look grumpy and she is and Lady 2 simply talk in front of my wife when our kids had their fight for superiority in the supermaket's trolley. Not really nice especially when you're working in the frontline.

I hope this nobility will eventually seep to us and why not start tomorrow by saying 'thank you..'? 

Note: Hoping for more sunshine tomorrow. The day is getting shorter now and its colder. Woke up this morning and the weather forecast said it was 4 degree. It was really chilly but somehow people still wear skirts!

Forgot to buy eggs. Making me completely vegetarian for the 4th day. 

I craved for chicken since this afternoon. Consequently, I spent 2 hours browsing through halal restaurants which sells fried chicken. Ironically, I ate wheatgerm bread with cheddar and salad for dinner and I'm thinking the same menu for supper! how absurd

Cheers mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment